Working together to stop adult abuse
The purpose of the Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board is to help and safeguard adults with care and support needs.
It does this by:
- assuring that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and statutory guidance
- assuring that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused
- working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible
- ensuring agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect has occurred
- assuring itself that safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area
- leading adult safeguarding arrangements across Birmingham and overseeing and coordinating the effectiveness of the safeguarding work of its member and partner agencies.
Our core duties
Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board has three core duties. It must:
- develop and publish a strategic plan setting out how it will meet the Board’s objectives and how its member and partner agencies will contribute
- publish an annual report detailing how effective its work has been
- commission safeguarding adults reviews (SARs) for any cases which meet the criteria for these.