How to report abuse

How to report abuse

Call 999 in an emergency or if someone is in immediate danger. 

Otherwise, report crimes to West Midlands Police by calling 101.

Report abuse to Birmingham City Council on 0121 303 1234 or email


If you are an employee (paid or unpaid) from any organisation, you will need to complete a referral form (word version here). Please email the form to or fax it to 0121 303 6245. If you are sending sensitive information and have a secure government email address, then please send the form to


Out of office hours

During weekends or bank holidays, please call 0121 675 4806.

There is an emergency duty team available from:

  • Monday to Thursday, from 5.15pm to 8.45am
  • Friday to Monday, from 4.15pm to 8.45am

Other teams and contacts

If you know the hospital or mental health social work team of the person you are concerned about, you may want to contact them directly. 

  • Mental health

    South Birmingham
    0121 301 2830

    North Birmingham
    0121 464 5123

  • Hospital social work teams

    Good Hope Hospital
    0121 424 7880

    Heartlands and Solihull Hospital
    0121 424 1622

    Moseley Hall Hospital
    0121 442 3509

    Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
    0121 685 4194

    Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospital
    0121 507 4623

    Queen Elizabeth Hospital
    0121 371 4593

    West Heath Hospital
    0121 627 8237


  • Reporting child abuse

    Call 0121 303 1888 or email

    During out of office hours, call 0121 675 4806.

    To find out more about child protection, please visit